Sep 12, 2016

Way to Go, Sport

You know how much I love scouting, and tonight we got to celebrate some of Sport's accomplishments. The Court of Honor started at 5:00 and even though Sport wasn't supposed to be part of the color guard this time, he got to carry and post the flag. I love watching my kids honor our country in such a simple but important way, especially on 9/11.

Sport was also chosen to report on the week-long trip to Hinckley Scout Ranch the boys made in July. He never seems to have trouble speaking in front of people.

Then it was time for awards. He received his Star Rank and 11 merit badges! We are so proud of him for all of his hard work in scouting. This time he got all electives, but that brings his grand total of badges to 27. I don't think he wants to earn all of them like the Dog Walker did, but we talked today about maybe 100. That seemed like a good goal.

Now if I can just get him interested in earning the rest of the required ones for his Eagle. Unfortunately, they aren't nearly as exciting as Archery and Rifle Shooting.



1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love the scouting program and spent many years involved in it. Congratulations to Sport and it is awesome when they enjoy giving a talk. I too love it when they post the flag.
Hugs for him!