Sep 23, 2016

Homecoming Parade

I have been in many parades in my life, but never as the driver. Crafty is the President of the Cupcake Club at Bingham and if you remember last week we decorated a hall at the high school. So this afternoon before he went to work, the Dog Walker and I took down all the drops and stars from the hallway and carefully repurposed them for our "float."

I didn't want the packing tape on my car, so we carefully removed each piece and put on a magnetic strip instead. Drama Queen painted a few new signs for us and it made for a quick and easy float. The problem was the rain.

If you didn't know, we had a couple of tornadoes in Utah yesterday and the weather has been pretty dicey. It rained lightly all through the parade. Fortunately our float held together and none of the paint ran. Crafty and Fajita walked in front of the float and threw toostie rolls to all the people on the sides of the road.

Attendance was pretty light because of the weather, but we still had a great time! I think I'm even OK to do it again next year, but I'd prefer sunshine if possible.




No comments: