Sep 19, 2016

Grandpa's Birthday Party

We had a huge birthday party for Grandpa today. Drama Queen and I spent our time after church preparing food. She made the spaghetti and meatballs (Grandpa's favorite dish) and I made a chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting.

By 5:30, the party started and we were all ready. Each family brought a salad to go along with our main dish. Drama Queen also made garlic bread and we had green beans. At the last minute I began to stress about food, so Crafty and I made a fruit bowl.

As it turned out, there were nearly 50 of us here, unfortunately we were missing my sweetie. He flew out this morning for a work trip. I'm pretty sure everyone had fun. We talked and laughed and visited until nearly 8:00. Grandpa seemed happy with his gifts and he spent several minutes going over everything he had been given as well as setting up a little display of things for us to look over.

Although I do think he had his moments of boredom, because this is the only pic we got of him and he was doing something with his tablet.

Then it was cleanup and get the kids ready to deal with tomorrow. My little ones go off track the end of this week and I'm definitely looking forward to that. We have two birthdays next week and then Baby Doll will turn 6 a week later. It really is a constant party at my house, and I have a suspicion that it is going to get much worse before it gets any better.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa sure looks younger than 81. What a handsome man! Happy Birthday Grandpa!

LeAnn said...

I love all the photos of the party and of Grandpa. I am sure he had a marvelous time. The food sounded yummy and I can tell there is never a dull moment at your home. Blessings and hugs~