Sep 10, 2016

Company Picnic at Lagoon

My sweetie works for a large government contractor in the valley and we had a company picnic today for all our families. My kids were so excited to learn that the picnic was a completely paid trip to Lagoon (a rather large amusement park) including the food, for everyone in our immediate family that still lives at home.

So today at 4:00, we loaded up the big van and headed for Farmington. It is about an hour drive from our house, but only about 20 minutes from Ogden where Prima Donna lives. She met us in the parking lot and by 5:10 (the park opened only for our company at 5:00), we were headed for the front gate.

It wasn't very crowded at first, but it didn't take long for thousands of people to show up. My kids are about half and half...some of them are really excited to go on the big scary rides like the Cannibal roller coaster, and others don't want to do anything that might put them in the tiniest bit of danger. I fall pretty squarely in the middle, but my motion sickness tends to push me to the more cautious side.

Inside the teacups (I was so dizzy afterward...)
When we went to Lagoon with the free tickets the little ones won in the Kohl's contest, the Dog Walker had to work so he didn't go with us. Tonight he was able to get work off, but it might have been easier on him if he had worked a shift. After the first 2 rides, he was ready to walk home.

Instead he just walked away from us. Later I found out that he had gone on rides much scarier than the ones we took him on, like the Wild Mouse. We met up at Pioneer Village and rode the Log Flume and Rattlesnake Rapids, both of which got us pretty wet. On a normal day, we would have dried quickly in the sun, but it was nearly 7:00 and starting to get much cooler. So cold in fact, that my jeans stayed wet until we got home at nearly midnight and I was finally able to change.

My sweetie and I took Curly and Baby Doll with us on a few rides and that was really fun, but my favorite part was the bumper cars when all 10 of us were driving around like crazy trying to crash into each other. I'm still not sure what made that car go forward and what made it decide to run in reverse.

We stayed until the park closed at 11:00 and most of the kids fell asleep on the ride home. It was the perfect way to end the summer.





1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, that was a fantastic end of summer family adventure. I loved it all. Blessings!