Sep 8, 2016

Congratulations, Teach and Twiz

Just a quick update on Prima Donna's finger.

She came down this afternoon and we went to the Urgent Care. They decided to close it with steri-strips rather than stitches. She will heal fine, but likely have a nice little scar.

Do you remember when we went to Boston in June? It was for Teach's wedding celebration, but that wasn't the only thing we celebrated. On Sunday morning after the party was all over and we were getting ready to leave for home, we had lunch with Twiz's parents and other family members.

Teach told us she had a gift for everyone and she started handing them around. My sweetie and I as well as Twiz's parents were asked to open ours at the same time. What a surprise when we all unveiled these fun purple t-shirts revealing a new grandchild to be born a year to the date of their wedding!

Such excitement!

Teach asked me not to post anything official on the blog for a while until she was past the danger zone, but now they are nearly to the 18-week mark and all is still well. Their ultrasound on the 23rd will hopefully reveal the gender and we can settle that once and for all. They are so certain it is a girl that I have put myself firmly in the "boy" camp.

I'm so relieved we can finally talk about this. I wear my cute shirt all the time, but these are my favorite pics from the day we received them. And yes, that is why they moved to a bigger apartment a couple of months ago.


3 comments:

Marci said...

Congratulations to Teach and Twiz! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! I think you posted a pic of Sweetie in his shirt a while ago and I wondered if that's what it meant! So exciting!

LeAnn said...

Congratulation to Teach and Twiz! What an adorable way to announce this buddle of joy. Looking forward to finding out what they are going to have.
Gosh, that cut must have been deeper than I thought. Very happy she didn't have to have stitches. It was a good thing she went in.
Blessings and hugs for all!

Hels Bels said...

Aww congratulations Teach and Twiz and sorry I spoilt your news (I should have thought of that!)