Sep 11, 2016

Happy Anniversary!

Today, September 10, 2016, was our 33rd wedding anniversary. The day was filled with football games (every one of the kids' teams won except for Taco's). Curly's game was in Bountiful at noon, so right after we finished Sport's game we jumped in the car and got there with about 20 minutes to spare even after we got lost a couple of times looking for the park.

After Curly's team downed Bountiful 40 - 6, we ate lunch at a little Chinese place my sweetie sometimes frequents with his brother. We got home about 3:00 and I had planned to leave for a baby shower with Teach at 4:00. Imagine my surprise when we drove up the street and saw that the contents of our garage had been emptied onto the front lawn. It looked like a free yard sale!!

Apparently the Dog Walker was trying to surprise us with a clean garage but ended up having to leave for work before he was finished. Don't ask me how the girls didn't even notice that he was outside working on it, but they claimed to have no idea.

Our plans quickly morphed into a garage-cleaning day and with all hands on deck, we got a bunch of the work done by 5:00 although there are still many, many problem areas out there, it is much better. It's a good thing the baby shower was an open house, because we got there about 5:30 smelling pretty sweaty from all that outside work.

We returned in time to help them finish cleaning up and then my sweetie and I took off for a quick shopping trip before we went out to dinner. It's a rare day (except on vacation) that I even think about eating out twice in the same day. This time we sat at Applebee's and ate slowly so we could watch the second half of the BYU/Utah football game. Not that we are diehard fans of either school, but we do enjoy a good game.

This year we didn't even exchange gifts (except for the chocolates my sweetie brought me from Concord last week, but we are sharing them). We decided the trip we had in June was the perfect way to celebrate our 33 years together.

Along with a few football games...a poppyseed muffin, and a partially clean garage.

Happy Anniversary, Sweetie! I would do it all over again.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Happy Anniversary to the two of you! That was quite the celebration. Probably not what I would choose but I love that you had a good day with family and at least a few moments with each other. Hugs!💕😊