Dec 10, 2017

Random Activities

This week was full of a bunch of things I forgot to tell you about, so please forgive my randomness while I share some of them with you.

On Monday night we went to the Avalon Care Center and put on a little Christmas program. I sang my first solo in quite some time. It was an acapella version of Away in a Manger. Baby Doll and Curly dressed as Mary and Joseph and carried a doll wrapped in a blanket. It was very sweet and I forgot to take pictures... maybe because I was too busy singing...
 

On Tuesday, Prima Donna and I went to the FM 100.3 concert at the South Towne Mall where our friends and neighbors, the James Family, were performing. They did a fantastic job and it was so much fun to watch!


On Wednesday, Scout and Curly had their band concert. Both of them play the clarinet and are in the advanced band. It was short and sweet which was nice since Scout, Crafty, and Sport had a Sub-for-Santa activity in the evening.


I already told you about Thursday and Friday. And after 3 basketball games, tonight was our Ward Party. We baked 20 lbs of potatoes and supplied a treat, but we were all able to enjoy a nice dinner, program, and visit from Santa Claus. Twizlet was a little less timid this time. It helped that I put her on Baby Doll's lap.


After the party I headed out to Walmart for some stuff. I had just started filling my cart when I got a call from the paramedics telling me that Prima Donna was ok, but she had totaled her car and could I please pick her up. We followed that up with a trip to the emergency room. X-rays of her shoulder were good, so her pains are just muscles; not fun, but we are grateful that we pray every day for safety. This could have been so much worse.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Prima Donna's accident. I am so glad she is OK; that is scary
I loved reading about your week and the activities. I would have loved to have seen your solo and the children doing the nativity part. I love that you did this one.
Having two in a concert at the same time is awesome. I two for one concert kind of thing.
The Santa photo is adorable of your two precious ones.
Blessings for this one and hugs!