Dec 18, 2017

My Big Extended Family

We had a great time at our family Christmas party tonight! My sweetie made pulled pork sandwiches for everyone and not counting babies, we had exactly 50 people here. I know, because that is the number of plates we had in the package I bought.



The party started at 6:00 with dinner. It was pretty chaotic, and coming from me, that is really saying something. Buffet-style is the only way to go with a group this big and by 7:00 we were ready to clean up some of the tables to make room for our special visitor.


My sweetie always does a fantastic job as Santa's helper, but even though he whispered softly to her, Twizlet was having none of it. I'm afraid we have totally traumatized the girl.


We finished up the evening with our traditional eggnog shakes and sharing of gifts. I love having my brother and sisters together and we always miss the two that live far away. It makes my dad so happy to see the grandkids, and now that I'm a grandma myself, I can understand the joy that comes from gathering everyone close around us.

Little Warrior isn't afraid of my sweetie...

I always know that Christmas is getting close when this annual party is over. This week promises to be busy and fun. This is my favorite time of year.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I loved reading about your family party with extended family. We don't get to do that one. I don't have any family on my side and my hubby has a few but they don't get together very often; which is sad. We didn't have our normal party due to our trip to Hawaii. However, when we get home we will have an after Christmas one. It will be strange. I still must do a nativity with the Great Grandchildren.
I loved the photos and especiall the last one of your hubby with your grandbaby.
Sending love and hugs your way!