Dec 13, 2017

Guest Post: Dress-Coded! by Drama Queen

The past two days have been so foggy...I mean that literally!  The Salt Lake Valley has had a thick blanket of inversion and fog since late Monday afternoon.  With that has come a drop in temperature that's left many of us shivering.  I don't know about y'all, but I spend 98% of December wrapped in scarves and Christmas sweaters.  At work, I keep two different lap blankets: one for my lap and the other to wrap around my shoulders.  I'm so chilly, I actually keep my socks on when I'm at home.  And that, for me, is just unheard of.

Burrito's band concert was awesome!
So the thing that I really don't get is how my little siblings run around in just a jacket or a thin hoodie when they are outside.  They walk home in temps below 40 everyday and they each have their own very nice coat.  Yet they still head out the door every morning insisting they'll be just fine with a hoodie.  It's crazy!

Lately, that same imperviousness has extended inside and that (plus an unwillingness to bring down their dirty clothes) has left for more skin showing than usual.  Shorts, sleeve-less dresses, and even tank tops are sneaking out.  Heck, I walked in on Scout just changing her shirt in the middle of the family room yesterday!  Between that and Prima Donna's new wardrobe, Momma has had to start issuing dress-code citations.   Basically, that means if you are being immodest in a public area, you get a request to change, and if you don't figure it out on your own, then Momma will pick wha
tever she wants and make you wear it - and just for fun, it usually clashes terribly.

Well, the other night, I finally got to taste such sweet, unadulterated power myself when Baby Doll brought her Barbie to the dinner table.  The scandalous thing was stark naked!  "Dress coded!" I shouted, grabbing the doll.  And with Momma's approval, in a trice, the doll was more appropriately dressed.  Check out our picture.  Doesn't she look just so much more stylin'? 

Dress by Napkin, Belt by Spaghetti





Also, here's the photos from Prima Donna's car wreck.  :/



1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I would be just like you all bundled up but we are in Hawaii; yeah! However, it doesn't look like Christmas here; which has me a bit sad.
I do notice kids in summer clothing going to school and hoodies. Yup! That is just plain strange. How can anyone want to actually feel that cold??
I am so grateful that you sweet sister wan't hurt; the car looks terrible.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!