Dec 8, 2017

Candy Windows in South Jordan

It's the holidays and you know that means tons of stuff going on! My family has been so incredibly busy that it was nice to have a relatively free evening where we could choose to do something fun. But wait, let me back up. I wanted to tell you about Baby Doll's first grade program.

Pulling faces at Grandpa while waiting for the program to start.
Grandpa and I and Twizlet arrived half an hour early so we could get a seat in the gym. Drama Queen had gone to the morning session and it was so crowded that when Grandpa showed up, he turned around and left. This afternoon we actually ended up with perfect seats to see her cute songs and actions.


Tonight, after Scout's chiropractor appointment, we invited Bossy's family over for a quick dinner and then we all went up to the town square to see candy windows. They had way better participation than they did last year, and it was fun to see the one that Crafty, Sport, and Scout worked on with the Youth City Council.


After we spent half an hour in the cold, we decided to get a little colder by going to Menchie's with our free coupons from Reflections. All 11 of us got frozen yogurt for about $6. I rounded out the evening by doing a bit more shopping, but mostly groceries this time.


Tomorrow is the Christmas Dance Performance. Baby Doll was so concerned about her costumes that she laid each one out on the pew with shoes, tights, and hairpieces just to make sure she was ready. My sweetie is on a business trip, so I'm going to have to try to convince Teach to take some good pics for us.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I used to love going to my children's Christmas programs. I am sure Baby Doll was the cutest.
Going to the South Jordan Candy Windows sounds fun. My daughter just came to live with us so I will send her over with her kids to see it sometime. Of course, adding the ice cream yogurt would be the winning touch.
Hugs for all!