Jul 11, 2016

Staycation Sunday

Our staycation is almost over and has been pretty enjoyable for the most part. I got all the wedding invitations ready and sewed blocks for Princess's quilt. We even managed to have some fun!

Today we went to our own church. Curly did a fantastic job on his talk and we had an extra big class in nursery. After church my sweetie and I ran down to Eagle Mountain to pick up Fajita's boyfriend for the family party this evening at the zipline park.

Teach and Twiz had invited all of us for dinner, so we drove over to their apartment and enjoyed a delicious hot meal. It's been a while since I've had such a good salad. Hotel food has consisted of the free breakfast, soup, chili, sandwiches. It's getting pretty old.

Then we all headed over to the park. It was a little cold and windy, but that didn't stop the kids from having a great time playing in the water and enjoying the crazy cool playground toys. We ate cupcakes in honor of Chips' and Salsa's birthdays, but I'm sure we will celebrate again when they get a little closer.

Their biological grandparents were here from Florida and they wanted a few minutes with them on neutral ground. This fostering thing is so hard! Thank goodness Bossy is so good at it.

Staycation ends tomorrow with one last big hoo-rah of the summer at Lagoon. My little kids won free passes with their Kohl's Careful Kids entries and they have never been so we thought it was probably time. Then a couple of weeks of camps and a bridal shower and they are back in school. A wedding and football tryouts later and my big kids are back in school. Where does the time go?

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Time sure does fly; but with all you have to do, I am sure it speeds by. It looks like you have had a fun staycation. I love that you are going to Lagoon for the last day; I am sure you will have a blast.
You certainly do come up with a lot of creative things to do with our children; I admire that. Wow, you Auguest and September look like they will be going a the speed of light.
Blessings and hugs~