Jul 12, 2016

End of our Staycation

We ended our Staycation with an all-day trip to Lagoon. The kids mostly loved the rides except for Curly who was 1 inch too tall for all the kiddie rides and Scout who, like me, suffers from motion sickness.

So wet
OK, so I thought I was so smart. When we first got there I took a Dramamine left over from our trip back east, then I got on the White Roller Coaster. When I didn't die, I figured I was good. then we went over to the log ride and after 3 times down Rattlesnake Rapids, we were all soaked and having a great time.

Crafty and I walked out to the van to bring in lunch while the kids and my sweetie dried off in the sun. When we got back, we all shared sandwiches and chips. Then the kids wanted to go on the Tidal Wave and that sounded fun.

Drying off in the sun
Bad idea.
Very bad idea.

The first time we dropped, I thought I would lose my lunch. It was all I could do to keep it together. When I finally got off the ride, I had to sit. I've always had problems with motion sickness, but it had gotten less severe as I have gotten older. Or so I thought.

We let the kids go on rides and my sweetie and I joined them on some and sat during others. By 9:30 we had been there for more than 10 hours and I was ready to go. We ate dinner in the van on the way home and by the time we got here, all the little ones were asleep.

We got in the house and the floors are absolutely beautiful! I started pulling off tape and paper and wiping things down. It was 2:00 AM before I crawled into bed and then I couldn't sleep. Today came way too early. It's also Cow Appreciation Day and you still have time to get to Chick Fil A for your free food if you wear a cow costume of sorts. The kids all went for lunch. I ate the toffee Princess brought me from Disneyland and a salad to neutralize the sugar.

It works that way, right?





1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh my, that sounds like quite the day at Lagoon. I haven't been out there for years. I am afraid I don't get motion sickness on rides I just don't like them at all. Yup! I'm a party pooper. Anyway, I loved all your fun moments and I am sorry that you got motion sickness.
I can't imagine doing all day Lagoon and then staying up to take care of the floor; you are amazing.
Hugs~