Jul 25, 2016

Happy Pioneer Day!

We celebrated the coming of the pioneers to Utah on both Sunday and Monday this year. Yesterday we had all the kids over and we did our traditional Dutch oven dinner. My sweetie did all the planning and prep for the party this year since we had the shower to worry about on Saturday.

He really went overboard with the food! We had chicken stew (our family favorite) and peach cobbler prepared in the dutch ovens as well as fruit and rolls, homemade root beer, and homemade strawberry ice cream. It was amazing.

We also had 3-legged races, stick pulls, and the button-button game. My favorite part (as usual) was the square dancing although honestly, we do the Virginia Reel, which is more of a line dance. After that my sweetie gave us an amazing fireworks display.

Today my girls marched in the Days of 47 parade (we saw them on TV) and I took the kids to Seven Peaks water park this afternoon while my sweetie and Drama Queen painted a bedroom. Once again my sweetie outdid himself by making bbq ribs for dinner followed up by one last round of fireworks.

Then it was off to bed for my little ones who actually start school tomorrow. It's going to be another busy week.




1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh my this did sound like a great celebration and the food sounds so yummy! Love you celebrations and your dear hubby for all he does to make it happen. You are such a team together and a great family! Hugs~