Jul 20, 2016

Days of '47 Float Preview

Yesterday we had a lot of fun taking the kids to the float preview for the Days of '47 parade. Usually my sweetie can get off early and go with us but because he went with me to take Baby Doll and Scout to camp, he felt like he would have to miss out this year.

So Gamer came over and we took all the boys with us. Honestly, I don't remember the last time I was in a car so full of boys that were all related to me. Gamer had his 5 and I had Curly, Sport, and the Dog Walker. We didn't have any females with us because most of them (that were home) were marching in the parade.

Yeah, that's right, the parade. They have the float preview at the Expo Center, so it is all inside and just the SLCC band marches around the floats for about an hour. They spend a few minutes on the stage being silly and they play all of their songs over and over. I love it because it is air-conditioned although Crafty told me yesterday it gets a little boring because they just march around in circles the entire time.

It was super fun to see Bossy marching again. She signed up with Fajita and Crafty and she did a great job with her sax. She marched so much in high school that it was a real blast from the past. Bingham doesn't do the parades anymore, so SLCC band is the only way to see them although Crafty is mostly planning to dance at the high school, not support the bands.

They have 3 parades to go, Bountiful on Friday, the Days of '47 Children's parade on Saturday morning, and then the Days of '47 parade on Monday. It will be on KSL if you are interested in watching them. That's how I'm going to do it.

At home.

With air-conditioning. I'm thinking Crafty would much rather do the preview than the actual parade even if they do march around in circles, but I guess we will find out.



1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I Really wanted to go to the float display. I like the idea od looking at them in air conditioning. I am going to watch the parade on TV. The heat gets to me. How fun to take the boys and then watch the band. Sweet! Hugs for all😊