Feb 17, 2017

From Taxes to Nuggets

I've spent a good part of my day working on my taxes. I don't love sorting paperwork since we have a couple of small business-type things as well as all the school expenses and stuff, but I do love it when my hard work reaps a nice refund for us.

When I haven't been camped out in my office, I was busy preparing for my cub scout meeting. I don't know why I get so stressed over that sort of thing. Really, it's ridiculous, they are only a half dozen small boys. Sport was even nice enough to bring one of his boxes full of Legos and that kept them entertained until it was time for us to pack up and go home.


Sport and I spent an hour at the middle school talking to his teachers at parent teacher conferences. He's an excellent student, so usually we just get to hear people say how amazing he is. That's pretty much what it was tonight. Then I picked up the girls from dance and we loaded up to take the kids to McDonald's for free chicken nuggets. It was this phone app from the game last night that if the Jazz stole 6 balls, then we could get a free 6pc nugget. The app was a bit difficult to download, but it finally worked and we were able to collect our prize.

I tried to play basketball tonight with my women's team, but I didn't do very well. In fact, Sport even asked me if I thought I would ever be too old to play with the women... you think maybe that's a hint?

2 comments:

Natalie Ockey said...

We are working on taxes, too! They are the worst. Good luck.

LeAnn said...

I remember when I did Cub Scouting and I am sure those boys loved the lego time. You do manage to get the best of deals, always! I don't know how you have time to do all the research to get the deals. Happy that your taxes turned out good. My husband always does ours; which I am grateful for.
Now for you playing basketball. I so wish I could play; I love that game. I broke my ankle many years ago and that ruined my career in that field. I thnk it is marvelous you are still playing; just be wise. Blessings and hugs~