Feb 21, 2017

BYU's Museum of Art


The Dog Walker had to visit an art museum so we drove down to BYU this morning and spent a couple of hours wandering around the galleries. Teach and Twiz had planned to meet us down there, but it turns out they had other things to do...




There were so many beautiful paintings! But some of my favorites were the sculptures. They have the most amazing carved Last Supper and the model of the slave ship was heart-wrenching.


We left the museum around 2:00 and the kids were all hungry. When I went through my coupon pouch this morning, the only thing I had that would be quick happened to be a pile of Tesoro gift cards the kids had received for good grades. We set it in the GPS and drove to the nearest one. It turned out to be an extremely small convenience store so after circling the parking lot, we decided to move on to the next one. It was only marginally bigger, but the kids were so hungry by then it would have to do.


They were more than a little confused when I told them they had to choose something for lunch and I didn't want it to be just a candy bar. Other than that they had no criteria. They must have wandered the store 4 or 5 times trying to decide. (I felt the same way.) My choice finally became a bag of Smarfood popcorn and a lunchable. Kids chose chicken sandwiches, burritos, nachos, a variety of chips and drinks. I was surprised that treats were pretty minimal. Most of them just wanted real food.


As we left the store with our loot, Drama Queen commented, "Now I know why you and Dad always pack a cooler for vacations." Hopefully it was a good lesson for them that didn't cost much because it was all done with gift cards.

We missed Teach and Twiz on our little adventure, but as I mentioned before, they may or may not have driven to the hospital around noon today...

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, there you go again with amazing gift cards to solve a need for lunch moment. I loved this one. I also really enjoyed the BYU art Museum when we have been there. This was a great outing. Hugs!