Mar 5, 2016

My Friday

It was an absolutely crazy day. I know, I keep saying that, but these last few have been rough. I started the morning early by helping with the rendezvous at the elementary school. I started at the leather station, but ended up working with the sewing group. It was fun but exhausting after 6 groups.

Then I hurried home and grabbed the cookies for the dentist's office and the fundraiser Tupperware. After two quick deliveries I stopped at the preschool and took a 10 minute power nap while I waited for Baby Doll to come out of preschool. A quick lunch and we were off to the Oral Surgeon. Thankfully, Dr. Partridge examined Baby Doll and pronounced her to have scar tissue from her surgery last fall and likely nothing else. We were reminded to have it checked again in 6 months, so that was great news!

The 20-minute drive back from Daybreak led to a quick plan for Girl Scouts. A little inspiration made it a good one. We have been working on a Journey about Sisterhood and our book recommended making something for a friend and enjoying physical exercise with a friend. Perfect! We made headbands and hairpieces and then we played Just Dance until nearly 5:00.

By the time the girls left, I had one more promised cookie delivery to make and a towel to embroider for a neighbor's baptism tomorrow. Oh, and someone stopping by for their cookies and all the basketballs to pump up and hopefully something quick to eat before I had to be at the church at 6:15. Somehow I managed it. After setting up the gym with the scoreboard and chairs in the overflow, I started warming up for our game. It wasn't long before more women started showing up.

Our game was hard fought and we eventually came out victorious. I even managed to make a basket tonight. When our game was over, I assumed my position at the scorer's table and spent the next two hours there. At some point, Dog Walker brought me some pizza. By 10:00 we were cleaning up.

I got home in time for scriptures and to send the kids off to bed. Then I embroidered names on 3 dance bags before heading in here to write you a post. Dog Walker is reading me some homework for his Lit class. I guess I shouldn't have read my email, because there was one from the performing team coach for Scout. Dress Rehearsal Tomorrow!

Guess I still have a pair of red ruffled spankies to make before I can sleep.

And Baby Doll and I have to be at Chick-Fil-A at 8:30 in the morning.




1 comment: