Mar 23, 2016

A Rust-Proof Grill Brush

First Use
Remember a few days ago when we had beautiful spring weather? Not this crazy snowy stuff we have today. We actually brought out the patio furniture and my sweetie grilled in the backyard. But before he did that, he had to clean all the winter gunk out of our barbecue grill.

I know I keep telling you how great the guys are over at Cave Tools, but this time I wasn't sure that even their super duper heavy duty grill brush was up to the job. I don't know about you, but over the last 20 or so years of barbecuing, we have been through 4 grills and (I'm guessing now because I don't have a real count), several dozen cheap dollar store grill brushes. Honestly, most of them were pretty worthless. Even the upgraded ones that I paid quite a bit more for every Fathers' Day weren't much better.

After sitting outside for 2 weeks
When the package arrived from Amazon, I knew we were not looking at the average brush. This thing was huge and definitely heavy duty. The first day my sweetie took it outside, he was amazed how quickly it cleaned things up, and as you can see, our grill was in bad shape. Like maybe we forgot to cover it for winter... maybe for part of the winter we even forgot to close the lid... just maybe...

The other thing this brush promised (I wish I could say the same for my grill!) was "rust-proof," so we put it to the best test we could given our short timetable for this review. We left it outside for two weeks.

Two weeks in Utah during the spring means snow, sleet, rain, and sun, sometimes all in the same day. The brush looks as good as it did the day it came. I'm hoping it will last like that for years. You know, I'd be totally happy to never buy a cheap BBQ brush again.

If you want to try this one out, make sure you use the Amazon - BBQ Grill Brush code, V9BW7SDN, to save yourself 15% or visit the Cave Tools website.

***We were given a free BBQ Grill Brush  for our open and honest review of the product.***

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I loved the review; thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think I will look at getting one of these. Blessings~

Unknown said...

This is a very good post which I really enjoyed reading.Napoleon Grill Cleaning