Aug 1, 2014

Blast from the Past: Princess

Sorry, I've been skipping my own Blast from the Past post in favor of first the vacation, then Pioneer Day, then I just totally forgot, so I thought I'd be unpredictable and post it today.

Did I tell you Princess has been at BYU for the last two weeks enjoying their dance camp? She was SOOO excited to make the Intensive Ballet group! It's difficult to get in and most of the girls are from out of the state. She has been working hard, dancing about 8 hours every day. We are joining her this morning to watch her final Dance Showcase from the camp.

When she sent me this cute photo, it got me thinking how far she has come since she was a tiny dancer girl. I'm pretty sure this is her very first dance picture from when she was 3. She didn't join the class until after the Christmas recital and all the other girls had Disney Princess dresses for costumes. But her teacher couldn't find an individual princess dress to match so she ended up with this one and half a dozen different princesses on the front. All the other little girls were jealous and wanted to trade their costumes for one like hers.

I can't believe she will be 18 in a few weeks! Where did the time go?


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh she is a beautiful one. I am sure you are so proud of her. They do grow up fast. How fun that she had the opportunity to do this one; a lot of hard work.
Blessings and hugs for her!