Aug 31, 2014

Annual Awards Picnic

I know you think all we do is party around here and sometimes it feels like it!!

Tonight was our annual Girl Scout Awards Picnic. We had BBQ chicken and Princess made a huge pile of brownies. The other families brought salads and we all enjoyed an hour or so together eating and talking about the Girl Scout troop.

Princess decided they could all do cartwheels all the way across the field to the back fence. I did NOT participate. :)

Near the end I presented the girls with their awards for the year although it was a bit anti-climactic this year because half the year we spent working on our Silver Awards.

I love the scouting program and the way it helps me teach values and hard work to these sweet girls. I am looking forward to a month off before we start up the new year. There are just so many things going on right now that my head is starting to swim.

I love the changing of the seasons, but they always come with a bunch of stress. It takes me a couple of weeks to get my head around the new schedule and there is always a new schedule...



1 comment:

LeAnn said...

You are amazing as always; and I still don't know how you do it all. I do admire you greatly.
Blessings for all you do!