Feb 10, 2014

Birthday Party for Gym Rat

The Gym Rat has been so busy moving into his new house and getting everything set up just right. He took a whole week off work, so when Friday rolled around, he couldn't really afford to take it off just because he was turning 27. So he worked.

I sent him a quick "Happy birthday!" right after midnight, but I didn't get to see him at all. Since Princess had the dance date on Saturday, we opted for a Sunday night party. The Gym Rat surprised me when he asked for chicken chimis for dinner (without the olives, of course). He usually wants BBQ chicken or steak, something my sweetie would be required to cook.

We started the party around 6:30. Bossy and Gamer and their kids showed up, as did Grandpa and the Gym Rat's roommate. It was a fun party, mostly just visiting and hanging out. When the Gym Rat opened his gifts, I think his favorite one was this stuffed little Sulley from Monsters' University.  The Drama Queen gave it to him and honestly, I'm really glad it went to his house! It was pretty annoying...

I'm not sure how we managed to miss taking pictures of the cake before I started cutting it. It was his favorite, Funfetti, with the cake frozen pretty solid under the frosting. I could hardly get the knife through it, but that's the way he likes it. :)

I am so proud of him! He has been making huge strides in his life, buying a house, graduating from university next month, turning 27, and getting promoted at his job.

Now if I could just convince him to find a wife...

Happy Birthday, Gym Rat!
I love you.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son, 27 is a great age to be single and take one's time to find a wife for life, not for a few months or minutes, also congrats upon his promotion and soon to be graduation from college. All is falling into place for him..One must be vigilant about a for life mate WIFE..it is horrible to read that many young men and ladies are divorced twice by the time they reach 27 years of age..In our only's high school class many were married very young and are divorced twice and heartbroken many with small children to support because their husbands or wives REFUSE TO WORK AT ALL! CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT?!!! They never came from homes with two parents so they had no example of how to be a wife and husband let alone a great parent which you are..Congratulations to you son, let him be single for however long it takes to meet the one for LIFE not for the weeks or months that most call a starter marriage, oh, my goodness sakes alive..

Marci said...

How exciting! So many big things in Gym Rats life! I have some friends up in SLC who are single-- 25 and 27 years old. They're sisters, and were my best friends growing up! I sure would love to see one of them get married soon :)

Denise said...

Happy, happy birthday.

LeAnn said...

I loved this celebration. I loved your smiling picture. I think it is marvelous that he has made such strides. I do hope he does look for a wife; he is ready I would say. Blessings for all!