Feb 18, 2014

Presidents Day

Today was a busy day. We started out the morning with the Drama Queen taking most of us out for breakfast at Chick-fil-A. I love their oatmeal! Then she and I took all the kids to Kohl's. That was actually way too crazy to be all that fun.

The Dog Walker abandoned us right after we went in the store. The older girls wanted to hang out in the juniors department and look at the clearance racks so I took Curly and Sport with me to handle our returns. After that, the boys and I looked at toys and then boys clothes. About 20 minutes later we found the girls. Scout and Baby Doll were no longer interested in staying with the group and it wasn't long before I was ready to hit the road.

When we got back to the house, it was time to do some spring cleaning. I helped the boys sort all their clothes (Curly is changing from a size 6 to 7/8). I encouraged and hollered a little, vacuumed and folded lots of clothes!

We put the crib into storage (that was way hard!) for the first grandchild who might need it, and set up a toddler bed for Baby Doll. She was so excited to be a big girl!

After 5 hours of cleaning, we quickly fed the kids a bowl of cereal and loaded them into the van. We were just in time to see the Lego Movie. It was pretty cute, but not really what I was expecting. I had enough passes to get us all in for free, so the price was right.

After the movie we stopped by the McDonalds and used our free dessert coupons from Reflections to get everyone a hot fudge sundae. We also splurged on some fries for dunking purposes.

We finished up our family day with scriptures and a few minutes sharing facts about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.

I did miss the cherry pie!
But I'm grateful for mostly clean bedrooms and a good productive day.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Blessings to you, and your family.

LeAnn said...

Aw w a good day I think. I would love it if my children were home to help me spring clean. I have so much to do in this area. It won't happen for a while.
You are always good at mixing the work with fun.
Blessings and hugs for all their good work.