Widgets Magazine

Feb 2, 2014

Another Crazy Saturday

When I line up a day like today, my sweetie just shakes his head.

It started at 6:45 this morning when the alarm went off to get up Crafty for her MathCounts competition. Thankfully, my sweetie did that one since she had to go across town and be there by 7:45. I woke up Curly at 8:15. He had an early game. I quickly made sandwiches for lunch and then I left the Drama Queen cooking the sourdough Princess mixed up yesterday and putting the rest of the lunches together. She was also in charge of getting the other kids up and ready to leave by 10:00. The schedule was tight today...

Curly was triumphant, making a beautiful shot in his last Jr. Jazz game! We gathered his trophy and treats and stuff and headed for the van. We were 10 minutes ahead of schedule. When we got back to the house, it was 9:55. The Drama Queen had everything in order and we quickly loaded the van. The problem was that Scout hadn't bothered to find her shoes. The only thing that got her out the door was threatening to leave her.

At 10:05 we were back on the road and headed to the Home Depot class. The boys were so excited to build a race car! It was me and the Drama Queen, Sport, Scout, Curly, and Baby Doll. My sweetie was working and the Dog Walker had a basketball game of his own. Princess had to work at noon, so she didn't come with us and Prima Donna doesn't believe in getting out of bed before noon on a Saturday without a VERY good reason!

We had a little trouble with the car kits and the kids really wanted to paint them. By the time we got back in the van it was 10:48. We were now three minutes behind schedule. The Drama Queen chided me for being a stress case, but I am the coach and I couldn't be late for Scout's game. We arrived just before 11:00 and one of the dads had started the kids shooting. No harm done.

It was a crazy fantastic game! I think my kids scored almost 60 points! My other girl on the team who isn't Scout told me she made 10 baskets. Everything just fell in for them today. So much fun. We raced off after the game and headed for downtown. Prima Donna passed out lunches and drinks and the kids settled in for the 30-minute ride I was hoping to shave to 25.

We drove through some snow flurries and there was lots of traffic, so by the time we pulled into the parking lot of the state fairpark, it was 12:30. We jumped out of the van and speed-walked to the Grand Building. The Reading Party had already been going on for 30 minutes and we were missing out!

I have never attended one of these before, but I heard they were really fun and we should try to work it in if we could. It was definitely worth the trouble! Every booth had a fun craft for the kids to do. They made necklaces, crowns, wands, oceans, tiger tails...they brought home more crafts to make too, animal magnets, volcanoes, animal masks, and solar systems. They also each got a little stuffed animal, a lanyard, crayons, a snack and a free book!

As we loaded our loot into the van, the Drama Queen sighed with relief." These bags weigh 20 lbs, Mom!" The ride back home was pretty uneventful. More snow flurries fit right in with our music. The kids were singing the songs from Frozen at the tops of their lungs!

It was nearly 3:00 when we came in. Crafty was home from her competition and she had a birthday party to go to at 4:00. I promised to embroider a fleece blanket for her friend too so that was next on the agenda. At 3:50 we took off again. Sport and I dropped off Crafty at her party and then we drove to the middle school for his basketball game. It was a great game! He made a basket and they won by about 4 points.

Then it was home again and off to the grocery store with the Dog Walker to pick up the last few things we needed for the Super Bowl party tomorrow. Things settled down after that. I fixed dinner and we folded about 10 loads of laundry, washed 3 more and cleaned things up for tomorrow. The Dog Walker read me a chapter of Biology while I cleaned up in the Craftroom/laundry room. I still have a nursery lesson to prepare, but maybe I can do that after our 7:45 meeting in the morning. Sometime I have to work in a little sleep. :)


LeAnn said...

I am not sure I can say that, that was the end to a perfect day. I am just exhausted reading about it. I loved the pictures and fun activities. You are just so amazing. You have to be one of the best of mothers and your sweet children are blessed to have you.
Blessings and hugs for this one!

Denise said...

Blessings to your family.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...