Feb 1, 2014

Guest Blogger: First Missionary Service by Elder Dog Walker


I've been asked to guest-blog since Mom couldn't figure out what she should talk about. I thought I should talk about how my mission is going and how it's going to keep going. The first day I went on the service mission was on Tuesday on January 21, I went to the seminary in Taylorsville and then on January 23, I went to the seminary in Riverton. They had a lot of nice kids with special needs at each one. It was amazing that I met each of them and I felt so great that I would be able to help out with them. They had a lot of technology that helped the disabled kids understand the church. For instance, the technology that helped the kids was by using a special device called a praying aid. It actually helps the kids who hardly talk to press the button and it makes it sound like they are praying. Another thing that also helps the kids understand the church is by playing hymns on the projectors that has sing along lyrics to help the kids read and sing along to it as the teachers do that example. A lot of things that they also do is Scripture Mastery rhymes from a packet with the scripture mastery pages with pictures that help them understand. They also have the lesson on devices that explain the pictures of each meaning of the picture that are presented from the scriptures. Then they watch videos of the scriptures that helps them understand about the stories. Every time, I walk around the classroom shaking every student's hand, it makes me feel happy to welcome each student to seminary. My whole mission will last for a whole year, and I'm hoping that I'll show you some pictures on how the mission is going just like we're presenting the mission pictures with Sister Teach. I hope you enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise to the Lord for your mission to the people who need it..You will be guided by Heavenly Father and do great..you will be blessed and so will your wonderful family..We are praying your mission is well received and the Lord will bless and guide you in all you do.Praise God and God Bless you and your wonderful mother, father and family too.

LeAnn said...

Wow, I think your mission sounds great. I am amazed at all the technology that they have to aid these wonderful children. I am sure they will love you working with them. I admire you a lot. I love your talk at church.
Blessings and prayers for you!