Apr 8, 2013

The Apricot Tree

Baby Doll absolutely loves this little song she learned at church:

"I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise
Blossoms popping right before my eyes.

I can take an armful and make a treat
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.
It wasn't really so, but it seem to be
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree."

So my sweetie was standing at the kitchen window a couple of days ago, washing dishes when he started singing this little ditty. The kids are used to his songs, so that didn't surprise them, but they immediately gathered around the window and were delighted to see that our apricot tree was indeed popping out blossoms that look just like popcorn!

Sport planted some little purple pansies in the front flowerbed on Friday while I cleaned up rotten leaves and debris from beneath the bushes in the front yard. I don't love the yard work part of spring. We've ordered a huge dumpster for tomorrow so we can take care of some of the trash we have accumulated over the winter.

It's definitely spring in Utah. (Not that it means the snow is gone.)
Are you seeing spring where you are?

3 comments:

Marci said...

Our spring is pretty much over, it's starting to be summer now! I wish it was just spring though... I feel like I get so hot!

Messy Musings said...

Little purple pansies,
touched with yellow gold.
Growing in one corner of the garden old.
We are very tiny but must try, try try
Just one spot to gladden, you and I.

So happy Sport planted some "little purple pansies"!!

LeAnn said...

Ok, we have a few moments of spring and then we get a blast again of winter. I do hear that on Wednesday it is going to be great.
Have fun in the spring cleanup; it isn't my favorite thing to do. I can feel the backache coming on.
Blessings!