May 11, 2022

Becoming a Pirate

It's been a long time since something spoke to me like the idea of Baby Doll and I attending the  city's Pirate and Parent activity. Scout was scheduled to work it as a service project for Youth City Council and I decided we needed to sign up just a few days before. Sewing our costumes would take me at least a couple of days. 


Thankfully, we already had corsets given to us years ago by Drama Queen, and a quick trip to Kohls finished up our blouses. The skirts and petticoats were all me.


We had a lot of fun doing all the activities. Baby Doll made a leather purse and we visited with a mermaid to aquire jewels.



Baby Doll climbed all over the pirate ship! The sea was a bit too rough for me so I just took pictures.




No pirate activity is complete without Captain Jack Sparrow.


She found all the clues to open the treasure chest, giving her a bag of gold chocolate coins and a plastic sword for bravery.


It sounds a bit corny, but we got tons of compliments on our costumes and honestly, it's fun to pretend to be someone else for a minute.



 


1 comment:

Dog-Walker said...

This must be a Neverland of Pirates of the Caribbean!🏴‍☠️