Jun 8, 2021

Guest Blog: Congrats to The Frog by Princess

When I first met The Frog, he had already been in school for five years. He had been an excellent student in high school and he got a scholarship to BYU. He started his freshman year in hopes of one day becoming an accountant. That first semester hit him like a ton of bricks. High school had been easy, but that made The Frog realize something big; he had no idea how to study and college was going to be a challenge.


Fast forward 7 years later and he meets me. At this point, he was working full time and taking one or two classes each semester. He had realized accounting wasn't his true passion and he was deep into the Computer Science world. A few weeks into dating, we were chatting online and I asked him about his five-year goals. I found it the other day, and well, it's crazy to say, but those five years are up! Let me share his response with you. 


Honestly, I feel like I'm living in my original 5-year plan time period, ya know? I mean, I figured I'd be married, have kids, and a steady job by now. So it has changed a little, but it primarily consists of marrying you ;) Ok ok, getting married in the temple. This is THE most important part of my 5-year plan. I already have a job that I anticipate having for quite a few years to come, probably the whole 5 years unless I have some family reason for leaving. I would like to have at LEAST 1 kid, but more likely 2 or 3. I will be graduated, and I anticipate and am aiming for long before the 5 years are up. I would like to own a house, but I also don't want to stress my finances too much, so living in a rental townhouse or nice apartment would be alright if that's what finances allow at the time. 


And, he did it all. By the skin of his teeth, he accomplished everything, with his diploma being the cherry on top. I'm so proud of you, Love. I know it wasn't easy, but I'm so glad you stuck it out. And, while it scared me a little after just a few weeks of dating, I'm glad I was the one who got to live the plan with you. Popping those three kids out that fast was a bit hard, but you know me: I like a good challenge.;)


Congrats, The Frog, we are so proud of you!

No comments: