Jun 20, 2021

Father's Day 2021

Happy Father's Day!

I love any holiday that gives me an excuse to get my family together. Father's Day is especially fun because I have two of my favorite dads who live right here with me... my sweetie and Grandpa. 
I only have to look a little further in my family circle to find 4 more great dads, one is my son and the other three are all married to my daughters.
We had 10 of our 12 children with us today for a fun BBQ and water party in the backyard. We were only missing Teach and her family who now live in New Jersey and Prima Donna who has chosen to build a life away from the family. I hope and pray for the day when that might change.
Our water party included a huge hose that flooded the sandpile as well as a toddler-sized splashpad and slip n slide. 
The older kids had a great time with our little blowup pool and about 100 water balloons.
The grownups visited and enjoyed the amazing food mostly prepared by my sweetie. I know, I tried, but he prefers cooking for the family to the cleanup part of the job. I did teach Curly to cut melons, so that was something...
But I digress.

We all loved the BBQ chicken, penne alfredo, salad, rolls, and fresh melon. 
The ice cream cones were a huge hit!
We had a LITTLE basketball...
I sure love all those dads we had today. This one is my favorite. 

2 comments:

Cindy said...

The noise and splashing and conversations... what a fun celebration! Happy Father's day to all the dads in your life!

LeAnn said...

This looked like a marvelous Happy Father's day celebration. Always love the photos and your family fun! Blessings and hugs!