Feb 27, 2016

The Importance of Being Ernest

Waiting for the show to begin.
Tonight was opening night for Prima Donna's play, The Importance of Being Ernest. Not that she wrote it, Oscar Wilde wrote it, but if she were to write one, I would imagine it would be a lot like this. Set in England, witty and with a ridiculous plot, yeah, it sounds just like her.

The set was a giant book.
We arrived at 6:30 for the 7:00 show. I had pre-purchased tickets, but it was all general admission in the Copper Pit which only seats 100 or so people, and we wanted good seats. We got the front row! It was a little tedious waiting for half an hour, and I really don't think there are any bad seats in that little theater, but as you can see, the kids made good use of their time.

One of her many speeches.
They mostly filled the house and the show was amazing! Prima Donna was right in the middle of one of her ridiculous speeches as Lady Bracknell when the alarm went off in my phone! I just about died, but my girl, she didn't skip a beat and she was only standing about 6 feet from me. I know, I had silenced my phone, but since all of my loved ones weren't with me, I didn't turn it all the way off.

I was embarrassed, but no one threw things at me or cussed me out during the intermission so I guess it was OK. I looked in the program and then listened for an announcement, but there wasn't one, so I sneaked a few pics for you. Sorry they aren't very good. I didn't want to distract from the performance, but I did want you to see Prima Donna at her finest.

If you are close by, go see the show at Bingham. It's well worth the ten bucks. I'm thinking I just might go back on Monday. And this time I will definitely turn my phone all the way off.




2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I loved this one! I am sure she was magnificent in this. Sorry about the phone; but it seems to happen a lot so I don't think anyone thinks it is a big deal. The show must go on and it did. I know how proud you must feel because I had a daughter that was Annie once and she was so good. It was an awesome experience. You do have a very talented daughter and other talented children too.
Hugs for all~

Denise said...

glad you shared.