Feb 26, 2016

National Make a Blanket Day

Have you ever heard of the Linus Project? About six years ago, we were looking for a service project that would allow us to earn the free day passes to Disneyland (I wish they would offer that again!). We decided on supporting the Linus Project by making a quilt to donate for each of us. It was a huge task!

I'm remembering that we made 14 pieced baby quilts. We had a gigantic quilting bee over the President's Day weekend of 2010 and tied them all. It was a fun and crazy task! (And we all really enjoyed Disneyland too.)

So last week I was surfing the web looking for a good service project for my girl scouts when I ran across National Make a Blanket Day on February 20th. Of course the first thing I thought of was Primary Children's Hospital, but since we were celebrating Thinking Day and it was supposed to be more than something just for our state, I thought of the Linus Project.

Each of my girls cut and looped a blanket to donate. I'm still hoping to boost it to 12 before we get them sent off. The girls enjoyed sitting around and chatting while the work was being done. Now I just need to finish them up and get them delivered.


2 comments:

LeAnn said...

What a wonderful project and I can see how it would be fun to chat and do it all together. I loved this one. Blessings and hugs~

Denise said...

great project.