Feb 19, 2016

Tax Season

Now that the wedding is over, I'm up to my neck in tax documents for my appointment with my preparer tomorrow night. I have a love/hate relationship with taxes. I know they are necessary and we generally come out with a good refund in the end, but it is just so stressful getting all the papers together and in the right order.

Tonight while I was sitting with piles of paper all around me, adding numbers on my phone, my son innocently turned to my sweetie (who was watching) and asked if he ever did the taxes. In a carefully worded answer, he told how it was his job to earn the money so we could pay taxes. Not to be avoided, my son tried again, "No, Dad, do you help figure out all this paperwork?"

He had to admit that taxes were pretty much my job. I've always been in charge of the paperwork here. It's better that way. Since I'm a control freak, I would rather just do it myself so I know it got done. The couple of times my sweetie has taken over the bill-paying, it never lasts more than a month because I am constantly bugging him about it. It's just easier for both of us if I stay in charge.

I'd much rather do that than be in charge of making the money.

4 comments:

Denise said...

amen to this post.

Anonymous said...

most women cannot afford to stay home to care for even 1 or 2 children, they won't be able to buy food or pay their bills, how lucky and fortunate you are to be able to live in a lovely home, have food and money to pay your bills, it is denied to a vast majority of the USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

I must have a double blessing! I work outside the home part time, but my husband works full time AND does our taxes! :)

LeAnn said...

I take care of the budget and the bills but my husband does the taxes. He was not too good at paying bills on time when we were first married. This has worked well for us. Hugs~