Dec 27, 2021

Guest Blog: Christmas 2021 by Teach

Merry Christmas from our family in New Jersey! It has been a bittersweet season for me. There is something so inexplicably special in progressing forward in your life and knowing that your family is growing more into the people we are to be, but in the same breath, it can be painful when you miss the things that used to surround you. 

We had a fun filled Christmas Eve party that Drama Queen and Twiz planned. Drama Queen planned an amazing escape room that led to small nativity pieces - reminding us of our Savior. We also had a hot chocolate bar and a mug exchange. There were so many fun activities: Pictionary, finish the lyrics, A Christmas Story Kahoot, and more. 

Christmas Day was busy - we opened a pile of presents. Twizzler got all of the monster trucks, he loves anything with wheels! Twizlet got a mix of a lot of things, but I was most excited for her new Barbies. 

We had family parties on both sides - we are so grateful for technology that brings us close together even when we are apart. ♥️ 


Then this morning, I went to church. I went by myself, Twizzler had a mild seizure and Twiz watched him sleep while Twizlet was feeling exhausted, plus I wanted some time to worship without any disruption. 

It was rejuvenating to sing the songs and remember our Savior and His great glory. I know that it by His grace we can be strengthened to do His work. Glory to God. Peace on Earth. Goodwill to Men. Merry Christmas!! 


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I enjoyed reading and the looking at the fun photos on this blog post by Teach. It looked like a fun celebration. I'm glad you had a peaceful moment at church. Your family photos area adorable.
Blessings and hugs!