Dec 24, 2021

Christmas Adam 2021

We have a long-standing tradition of celebrating with family the day before Christmas Eve; affectionately called Christmas Adam. By best count, we started 18 years ago. Thank goodness for the blog, it helps me remember things that could be lost forever.

We had 6 of us adventuring together today, me, my sweetie, the three youngest, and Grandpa. It's strange to have so few of us living in the house now. That is exactly half the number of kids I had here for Christmas last year.

But I digress...

This is about Christmas Adam. We began our day delivering friend and neighbor gifts. My sweetie was working, so we didn't all leave together until about 3:00.  Our first stop was the Museum of Art on the BYU campus in Provo. They didn't have many pieces on display, but they had one in particular I wanted the kids to see.

In today's secular world, it is a struggle to bring Christ into Christmas.

After wandering the museum, we made our way through the gift shop and chose a few things. All of their nativities were 50% off, so we got nesting ones for each of the kids and one with more pieces for the whole family. Then we all piled into the car for the 5-minute ride to our next stop.

We had talked about bowling, but when we entered Fat Cats, it was busier than we expected and most of the lanes were filled. That's when I glanced over and noticed that none of the 6 pool tables were being used. We split up and suddenly I was chalking my cue in a game against Grandpa. 

I knew he had played in the Army, but it had been a long time and I was hopeful he didn't remember how to play 8 Ball. 

I was wrong. 


He trounced me the first 2 games and I finally beat him in the third. It was SO much fun! Then when my sweetie went to pay, they handed his card right back and refused to charge us with a simple "Merry Christmas" in return. Thanks, Fat Cats!!

Back in the car, we were off on the 20-minute drive to the Spanish Fork Italian Place. We were just getting our food when Bossy's family came through the door.

They made the drive down to see the Festival of Lights and we all ended up at the same place for dinner. 

We ate quickly and said our goodbyes before making another 20-minute drive to Genola. It is a small town west of Santaquin, but none of us had ever been there. L'il Bro of Utah's Adventure Family told us that Riley's Orchard was the best place to visit for a reasonable price, so we made the trip.

Even though it was cold and rainy, the wagon ride was fun and inspirational.


But the best part was the hot apple-cider donuts!


We bought more donuts and a couple of other things from the gift shop before we loaded up again. 

We only made a few more stops to doorbell-ditch gifts on our way back home. It was another amazing Christmas Adam.

2 comments:

Davey Bacaron Manulife said...

Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!

LeAnn said...

Always fun to see your photos and thoughts. Thanks for sharing your life story.
Merry Christmas to you all!
With hugs!!