Nov 13, 2021

Traveling as Two - Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Carnival is known for their cute towel animals and each morning our steward, Raul, left one on our bed.
Imagine our surprise when the Lido deck was covered with them when we headed down for breakfast!
Thursday was a big day for us! We had an excursion planned in Puerto Plata, Carnival's port on the Dominican Republic.
We rode in a bus around the city, stopped for souvenirs, and bought native coconut water and a new hat for my sweetie.

Then it was time for the beach.
The sand is different from Bimini, darker and heavier. The water was warm and I ventured out a ways before the rocky bottom forced me back. The ONE time I wanted to dig my toes in the sand so I took off my water shoes...

We ordered a traditional Dominican lunch delivered right to us on the beach. We even paid some cute girls to braid my hair like an islander. 
After some pretty persistent begging, my sweetie finally joined in.
Here's a better look at mine.
We almost missed our bus back to the ship because I was chasing around the island looking for an ATM to pay everyone. Apparently, sometimes when they SAY they can take a credit card, it isn't really true.
Back on the ship, we continued our crazy day by trying Alligator beignets. Suprisingly, they were delicious! Tomorrow is our last big day at sea. Maybe the water will finally be calm.




1 comment:

Dog-Walker said...

Wow! I've never seen your hair being braided before and I've never seen Dad's facial hair have a little bit of a crafty style.