Nov 6, 2021

Review: King Richard

I love a great sports story and when it's true, that makes it even better. I grew up in a family who loved tennis. I never really learned to play, but my brothers were state champions and my mom was a huge fan. 
Her favorite was John McEnroe, but I believe she would have loved following the careers of Venus and Serena too. My three youngest kids love going to movies and Curly is just like me (and my mom) when it comes to sports.
This movie was SO much fun! Will Smith is a very convincing King Richard, the father of Venus and Serena. I was not familiar with their childhood story, so I really enjoyed following their early training as students of their dad.

The movie was long, but I could have sat through another hour. Serena's story was barely told since the movie focused mostly on Venus, but I get that they had to shorten it. I would definitely pay to see the sequel...

No comments: