Nov 15, 2021

Traveling as Two - Kennedy Space Center

Saturday morning dawned bright and early. Most of our luggage was packed and sent out to the baggage area last night, so finishing up was easy. We stood on the balcony and scanned the skyline. There was supposed to be a rocket launch...
We even wandered around the Sun deck, hoping to see it, but we were too late. So we did the next best thing... Kennedy Space Center.

KSC was at the top of my list for places to see in Florida. It was a great bonus to find that it was only a few minutes ride from the Carnival port.
I never wanted to be an astronaut as a child, but I always felt like I missed the memory. Wait... let me explain that better.
I was 4 years old when Neal Armstrong walked on the moon and try as I might, I just can't remember it.
Oh, I have seen the footage and my dad assures me that we watched it, but I just don't see it. My sweetie is 2 years older and he has a vivid memory. He also was extremely interested in knowing how the astronauts went to the bathroom.
Now he knows.

We were fortunate to have seats on the bus to the Saturn V building. Honestly, that building was our favorite part.

We stayed at Kennedy until it was near closing time, then we climbed in our rental car and my sweetie drove us an hour and a half to our condo near Kissimee.
Here's a quick look at the living room and kitchen.

And the bedroom. But we need a quick trip to the store and then some sleep. More of our adventure tomorrow.


2 comments:

The Frog said...

This is awesome! I am so jealous. KSC is on my bucket list for sure!

Dog-Walker said...

That's one small step for man, but a large opportunity for a family.