Nov 26, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

It all started with (lots of cooking first!) our traditional Charlie Brown Thanksgiving lunch with those at home and Bossy's family. My sweetie played a very grateful Peppermint Patty by saying all the crazy lines from the movie and then that it was "perfect."

I got the turkey in late and we lingered over the noon meal; it was just nice to be together. I am so grateful for my family.

Curly played football with his coach and some friends, but he was back by noon. 

Of course all he wanted to do was play more football, so some of us went outside and played flies up. I was "it" most of the time because I don't mind throwing, but I hate getting jostled by my rather competitive children and grandchildren.

The turkey was SO slow cooking (turns out we had a faulty turkey timer), that our original 4:00 time was stretched to 5:30. Literally everything was on the table and we were just waiting for it to pop. Finally, my sweetie got out his meat thermometer and the turkey was more than done.

We had planned a special call with both of our missionaries and our girls back east at 6:00 our time, so we had to rush dinner a little and even then we were still eating when they called. 

Gratitude was the subject of their lesson for today. It was so awesome to see their beautiful faces on messenger. Our only child missing for the day was Prima Donna who has stepped away from the family for a season. She has also changed her name to Zephyr and her core identity. "They" is her desired pronoun now, but I didn't want you to be confused by that today. I am so grateful that Zephyr is my child and an important part of our family. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can see their beautiful face again too. Each and every one of my children have grown up to be amazing people.

I hope you were all surrounded by family and friends, either on a zoom call or in person. Baby Doll is excited to tell you all that she got her first Covid vaccine!

And Scout made her first pie (all by herself).

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: