Mar 17, 2021

Traveling Together - St George

Our flight got in about 1:00 pm and we had to leave for St George the next day. My sweetie wanted morning, but I needed just a little more time. I had 3 pairs of baseball pants for a friend's boy that needed some major alterations before we left....and 12 hats that needed numbers...as well as laundry and packing and maybe just a little sleep.


With the storm, we got to St George about 8:30 pm, but Curly had an early baseball game so after getting settled, we decided to get some sleep. I know I definitely needed some.

We got up early so that we could be in Hurricane by 8:00 am. It was so cold! My sweetie was working in the hotel room, so I left Baby Doll with him since she was still sleeping anyway. The game got off to a rocky start although when Curly got up, he smacked one almost to the centerfield fence; a solid double and an RBI. Curly played well, but the team came up short, 8-7. The second game of the day was wetter, but came up with a better result, 3-0 for the Sox.

We drove back into St George and it wasn't long before we changed our clothes so we could spend an hour or so in the pool. It was outdoors, but warm, and the hot tub was even better.

Then we watched a couple of movies and acted silly together.

The next morning was cold and rainy with snow that melted when it hit the ground. Sadly, our tournament was over because the fields were too wet to play...so we found somewhere else to play.

My sweetie made us an awesome steak dinner in our room since we had a little kitchenette. The room was paid through Saturday, and there was no point in going home early. 

So we spent more time in the pool.

It wouldn't be long before it was time to go home, so we had to enjoy it while it lasted.

2 comments:

Dog-Walker said...

Being in the pool in that weather sure looks freezing, but I'm glad you had fun. I wish I was in a pool one of these days.

LeAnn said...

Another amazing adventure with games thrown in too. It looked fun.
Blessings and hugs!