Mar 6, 2021

Traveling as Two - the Peninsula

We pulled some of those little magazines off the rack in our condo looking for something fun and that is when we saw the restaurant with the "goats on the roof." After a little more digging, we discovered that there were several small townships all named after places in Europe... Denmark, Luxembourg... but the most interesting one to me was called Ephraim, the name of my hometown.

So we planned a trip around the peninsula, starting with our own Egg Harbor. My sweetie took me as close to the water/ice in every bay we could find. 

When we got to the restaurant, we were sad (but not surprised) to see that there were not any goats on the roof. They said there was too much snow and the grass was actually dormant... but we decided to eat there anyway.

As it turned out, the food wasn't our favorite, but we had fun in the gift shop. My sweetie bought me a pair of clogs. I haven't had a pair since I was a child and they didn't have wooden heels.

We criss-crossed the peninsula, visiting half a dozen more little bays, some frozen, some not. 

I don't think I could ever get tired of this beautiful place.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love that you are seeing so many interesting places. Sorry, no goats; but I'm happy you got some clogs!
Hugs~