Mar 6, 2021

Traveling as Two - Slowing it Down

You have probably realized by now that we are not as young as we used to be. That said, after nearly a week of crazy travel activity, we needed a day to just stay in our room and rest. Except that neither one of us really knows how to rest. 

Remember when we were in Oregon? We started a new tradition of doing a craft while we are on vacation. That was easy for me because I usually have something with me. I actually have two somethings with me. I just finished crocheting this baby blanket.

I also brought the Dog Walker's scout patch blanket and I have about 1/3 of the patches sewn on. My sweetie also chose to do something for the Dog Walker and since he was able to plan it before we left home; he hand-tooled a leather belt. I wanted to put in a pic for you, but he finished it up and stowed it away in the big suitcase and it is totally packed and ready to go home.

After we spent the day together watching movies and crafting, we got dressed up and went to dinner at Carrrington Pub and Grill. Back in the day, this was a super fancy place, but since there were very few guests at the Landmark Resort, it is a little more kickback.

We loved watching the sunset on Green Bay while we ate their award-winning cherry ribs.

Our condo has a huge hot tub in each building that is open 24 hours. We soaked for a good half hour before we settled in for the night. 

I sure love vacations.

2 comments:

Dog-Walker said...

That hot tub your showing sure looks like an upside down heart. I guess that's what you would call romantic relaxation.

LeAnn said...

I love that you get away and can take a great trip. I like that you took a day to just rest and do crafts; that is creative.
Blessings and hugs!