Feb 9, 2019

Guest Blog: Almost Divorced by the Dog Walker

My mom has asked me to guest blog for all of you, probably because she has been having writer's block lately and/or she's been busy with downsizing her house.

My parents and me and Puppy Lover

I didn't want to talk about the most drastic thing that has ever happened with me and Puppy Lover. Whenever Puppy Lover lived with me at my parents' house in the little apartment, she always felt depressed and homesick from her childhood home. She always missed living with her parents and wasn't quite sure if she really wanted to be committed to being married, just like I always had been. When Puppy Lover and I were first married, it all became a good start of our relationship as husband and wife. She used to make me some meals on the days when I worked and came home during my lunch break to have something to eat. And she always liked to snuggle with me whenever I always had the chance to be with her and have movie nights together.

Image result for twelve makes a dozen wedding
Beauty and The Beast
Puppy Lover and I were always happy being with each other. However, in just a while, when I started heading back to college, she started feeling very lonely and never wanting to hang out with the rest of my family while I'm gone at work or going to class. There were a lot of those times when I got home from work, I see her laying in bed and eating popcorn. I hate to be judgy about a lot of things, but it was just one of those things that I observed.

Image result for twelve makes a dozen wedding
Teach and Twiz

I was always worried about Puppy Lover being depressed and not hanging out with my family. After a little while, she decided to move back to living with her parents until I'm done with school. When I told my parents about it, they weren't happy with that, because they told me that it's really likely of getting a divorce. My parents told Puppy Lover's parents about it and they agreed with them that if Puppy Lover is not really happy being married to me, we would have to file a divorce, unless Puppy Lover and I could work something out. I really didn't want it to happen, because I just know that divorce would be way more difficult than marriage. When Puppy Lover packed up all her stuff and moved away to live with her parents, I was in tears, because it was really devastating to see my own wife giving up already, because she is sad and depressed just because I've been at work and going to school.
Princess and The Frog
Puppy Lover was worried that no matter how much she studied about passing a driver's test, she always ended up with a failed grade, and has concluded that she won't pass it and just stick with not having driving experience for the rest of her life.

Related image
Bossy
Puppy Lover and I almost stopped being married, because maybe she believed that marriage was just too hard and she wanted to give up on it. When my Mom asked me about how I felt with Puppy Lover leaving, I was devastated and she suspiciously asked me of what I said that made Puppy Lover walk out the door and move back to living with her parents. I tried to tell her that Dad made me ask her all those things and I tried to be calm with her about what I was trying to ask and explain. I always had the tendency not to shout or get angry with Puppy Lover, because I know she has a sensitive heart and I always have been very calm with her. But she kept telling me that I shouldn't blame my Dad for all those things, just because he gave me advice to do so and that I was responsible for making Puppy Lover feel bad about herself.

Cat Woman and Batman

It made me realize that it's best for me to understand that Puppy Lover had her turn to live in my parents' household for almost a year, and I felt like it's now my turn to live at her parents' house for a while, just to help me learn how to be more independent with myself, just like Puppy Lover was trying to show some independence. So I decided that it was time for me to move in with her parents so that she understands that I still love her and that she still loves me. We almost thought about splitting up and just becoming friends, but I thought we should still give this marriage one more chance, until something happens. We're hoping that it'll all work out and that someday Puppy Lover and I won't lose each other and not file a divorce. If you can, will you please pray for both me and Puppy Lover so that it can all work out?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not even of your faith and I will be praying hard for you both...If only others could read your mom's blog each and everyday they would know what true faith, love and hope truly is, the divorce rate in our country would plummet..Most people give up their marriages in a new York minute, no faith in a God, no family to help them out and no no respect for their mates whatsoever, coupled with drinking, drugs, etc..I just know in my heart God will keep you both together and also your marriage to each other will be even stronger..staying at your in-lawa home will make the difference..Your wife just needs to feel comfortable around you in her home and family, it will be a wonderful opportunity for you both and you will keep married and happy..God's blessings to you both..!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you have made this decision. It was my first thought on hearing how much she missed her family. Our prayers are with you that this will be the move she needs to set how much you love her while she gets the support she needs from get family. A new marriage is hard for anyone but add in your challenges and the short time you had to get to know each other and it can be just too overwhelming, especially while you work and go to school, which is a good thing for the long run, but hard right now. Blessings to you both.

Marci said...

You and Puppy Lover are in my prayers! I hope that she can have the support she needs and that you guys can be happy together at her parents home. I love that you are trying to make things work!

Anna Banana said...

I will be praying for you. Marriage is hard but has so many wonderful parts. I know you are 2 good people with good parents. Everyone is trying their best, so we will definitely pray!

Karen R Rymer said...

Very nice post!
It was exceptionally helpful! I am heartily impressed by your blog and learned more from your article, thank you so much for sharing with us. Divorce Rate in Canada keep doing awesome You will get well-informed data about it here.