Feb 6, 2019

Finishing the Bathroom Project

I know it's been a while since I promised you a pic of my sweetie's latest project, but he was finally able to finish it last weekend. What with new babies and additional projects heaped upon his capable shoulders, it's amazing he finished it as quickly as he did. Besides, take a look at this pic. This is a totally different bathroom!

First he pulled out our old and dicrepid vanity and the broken toilet was discarded long ago. Only 2 things remain from the original bathroom; the shower and the little cupboard that goes above the toilet. He wanted to put in the pedestal, and that required a patch in the tile that looks like we always wanted it that way.


Then, because he found something beautiful he really liked, he tiled halfway up the walls all the way around. He had to reroute the heat vent so that he could get it to work around the vanitty and he changed out the light fixtures and painted everything that wasn't already in tile. \

It was a long, complicated process and I'm glad it is finally over. I'm still sorting stuff from the kids' rooms, trying to decide what needs to be donated and what they truly care about so we can consider that project over.

I've also been doing something similar in the craftroom since before Christmas, but soon I will have the last boxes sorted and I will be ready to declare victory. I've slowly started discarding things in the office even though it wasn't on our remodel list until 2020.

I'm ready for a more organized and less dramatic life.

2 comments:

Rockey said...

Wow! That looks totally different-- and amazing!

~R

LeAnn said...

I have so missed following your blog and I wish I had time to read every one of your posts to catch up but I can’t do that. I will try to do some recent one. The blogging break was good and I learned alot of things about myself and my social media use. I do need to take it easier.
I had a really busy month in January, infact, busier than December. Of course, I will never reach your level of being busy and involved.
I love the work your hubby did on the bathroom. I like when you talk aobut organizing and discarding stuff. That is on my bucket list of things to get done this year as soon as my sweet daughter moves out of our home somethimes this spring.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Sending love and hugs your way!.