May 31, 2018

Guest Blogger: Temple Name Sorter by the Dog Walker

My mom is having a little bit of writer's blocks right now, so she asked me to guest blog for her. Are you sometimes fond of coming up with unique projects that might help a family with something that might be disorganized? Well, some of you may not know about this, but my family and I always love going to to the temple to make sacred covenants that would help us become better people living in the world and to set good examples for others, who might be searching for their Gospel in their lives.


For instance, we have a few cards that are set up as ancestors who lived on this earth in the previous centuries but never have received the Gospel from the time they lived on earth. According to our religion, we go to the temple to make covenants that are kept sacred from the outside world, because they help us understand how to be good people and wanting to live in heaven once again. We kept a bunch of names of the ancestors that we have in envelopes, and even Bossy and Gamer have ancestor names too. However, the envelopes have been wearing off for quite some time, and it got me into thinking of an idea that could help.


I went to Walmart to buy some cardboard to build a name sorting model into the shape of a beautiful temple. At first, I thought I would make it like little mail slots on each side for the names to be sorted. I thought I could make the exact amount of the names that need some things that need to be done in the temple. But, the slots were too small and I had to make some readjustments to make it easy for people to stick their big hands in to pick a name to take with them to the temple. It was hard to try to get enough glue stick in the right glue gun to make the cardboard on the inside to stay up and steady with sorting. 


 After that was done, I had to put a lot of strong packing tape around the box and seal them up so that they stay on. Then I thought of make a good looking steeple with an Angel Moroni on top that would make it look exactly like a temple. After I put it in the right shapes and sizes on top of the sealed box, I spray painted most of it white and spray painted the top gold for the Angel Moroni. It took a lot of coating just to make it look exactly white as snow. After all the paint was dry, I printed some fancy windows and an Angel Moroni to pack-tape onto it.


I got it done just in time before the rededication of the Jordan River Temple that was near our home. It was a great project that I ever made in my life and that it helped my family who go to the temple to make sacred covenants that would help them in their lives. I'm hoping that someday, the Gospel will be spread to everybody throughout the world and that they understand that what we're teaching them is true and that it leads to eternal happiness. I hope you enjoyed this project that I made.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Wow, I love this Dog Walker. I enjoyed your testimony about the temple. You are very creative and I love this Temple Name Sorter; it is a great idea. Loved all the photos of your hard work. Blessings and hugs for you!

Marci said...

That is a much more creative Temple Name Sorter than what I use! I have a little plastic box with dividers for each ordinance and I put the cards in the right section for what it needs done next.