Jun 2, 2018

Clark Planetarium with the Girl Scouts

Life has been so crazy, I almost forgot about this awesome activity I had planned for my Girl Scout troop. Rather than meet during the day, we had them come at 6:30 and we made the long trip downtown to the Clark Planetarium.


There were 17 of us altogether with Li'l Sis's family, but we still didn't fill even a whole row of the dome theater where we all congregated to watch a rock n roll laser show. I was a little worried that the girls wouldn't like the old heavy metal songs, but they all had a great time dancing and singing along. The huge dome screen, the lasers, and the fog were all awesome!


The Girl Scouts also had tons of fun just exploring the Planetarium. Drama Queen, Prima Donna, and Crafty  enjoyed playing with a thermal sensor that allowed them to imprint funny shapes on their hands. Baby Doll and Scout had a blast trying out all of the different activities. It was so much fun, that the girls were a little sad to leave, but were excited to go get some dessert.

 We left the planetarium about 9:30 and headed for the Denny's in Midvale. The girls all ordered milkshakes or sundaes to end our fun, little night out. By the time we were done with our yummy treats and back in the car, it was nearly 11:00. We dropped off all of the girls and were home by a little bit before midnight. It was a blast, but I'm so glad I can now kick up my feet and go to bed.

2 comments:

Dog-Walker said...

So jealous. ☺

LeAnn said...

You do plan some outstanding types of events for your Girl Scouts and your family. I find them amazing. I will have to tell my daughter about this one. It was awesome.
Blessings and hugs!