Jun 11, 2018

Happy Sabbath

Today was a beautiful Sabbath Day. We drove down to my nephew's mission farewell and then had lunch with some of our family members from my sweetie's side of the family. The sacrament meeting was my favorite part. I love having my grandbabies around me and Tadpole, Twizlet, and Little Warrior were all there. At one point I had all 3 of them clustered around me until Tadpole decided that was a little too much togetherness for him.

All of the married kids came home after the luncheon except for us and the five youngest. We headed to Grandma's house for a little visit and some time adjusting her sprinklers. I did the visiting... my sweetie adjusted the sprinklers.

I finally finished sewing the patches on Scout's scout vest... wait, that sounds funny... and now I'm working on the ones for Curly. I don't think there will ever be a day when I have every patch sewn. One of the kids will just call and ask me to sew patches for grandkids.

Sorry, I didn't take any pics today, so here is one more from the recital.

There are so many things coming up this week. The kids start swimming lessons and Curly has a baseball tournament. Crafty is having her wisdom teeth out on Thursday and we start our nearly 3-week stint of being dog sitters. It might be a good time for Sport to earn the Dog Care merit badge.

It's only the first week of summer and I already have so many plans! I think we need to add a couple more months to the summer season. What do you think?

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

With all that you always have going on, I am sure you could use a couple more summer months. I loved your Sabbath day thoughts and it sounded so fun to have all of your married kids and grandbabies there for the event. It's always sweet when you visit family.
It does look like you are starting off busy for the summer. Have fun, relax more and enjoy the moments always.
Blessings and hugs!