Nov 11, 2016

Kaden's Project

I have an amazing friend named Heather. Her family is very service-oriented and completely scout-oriented. In fact, her dad is the National Commissioner of Scouting! So of course her son, Kaden, had to have an amazing Eagle project.

He set a goal to donate 500 filled stockings to the refugee and homeless shelters. This sounded like a perfect project for my cub scouts to support. So today we filled 6 stockings for her and made pompoms to identify them as boy or girl. Tomorrow my girl scouts are going to help make 241 more pompoms as their service project.

I'm just such a fan of service. Look at the cute smiles on the faces of my cubs. At first they all wanted some of the toys and other items I had in my basket, but after I explained the project to them, not a single one asked if they could take some of these things home. We have all been so richly blessed and it is up to us to help bless the lives of others.

Thanks Kaden and Heather, for giving us another great reminder that together we can do great things!




1 comment:

LeAnn said...

What a wonderful project t join in. I loved the photos and the children are adorable and do look so happy. Service just brings out the best in everyone. Blessings and hugs~