Nov 3, 2016

Guest Blog: A New Car! By the Dog Walker

As you might've guessed, I bought a new car! It was both exciting and scary at the same time. The exciting part is when I get a car of my own to drive. The scary part is having to pay bills and keep the insurance of the car. You probably remember the times when I drove the green cougar. It was really old at the time and it was a temporary car from what Mom and The Beast have told me.The green cougar has died a while ago and for several months, I had to drive our big van to school and work. It was such a hassle for everybody. Anyway, Dad kept telling me that since I've been working at Walmart since April, I should save enough money to buy a new car and he's been helping me find the right car that I would fit into. We found this Silver Vibe that I fit nicely in and I couldn't see through the windshield. It was the best car for me and my body. I wasn't quite sure about wanting to buy it right now, since my parents gave me a warning about having to pay bills every month that might cost $300! I wasn't quite sure how that was going to work, because Mom told me that working at Walmart isn't the best job with the best salary. Anyway, ever since, I don't know if I told you this, but I found a nice girl on Tinder whom likes me and she and I have been talking to each other virtually, and now I asked her out on the first date on my birthday. I hope that we finally get to meet and talk to each other verbally. Mom and Dad told me that I should buy a nice car for dating, instead of using the big van for dating. I hope that it all works out and I hope I know what I can do to deal with car bills and the insurance!


2 comments:

Bo said...

If you look around, there is usually a car within your budget, no matter where you work. It's good to hear you found one, that gives you more independence.

LeAnn said...

Congratulations on buying your first car; I think that is awesome. It's a big responsibility; but you can do it.
You are such a wonderful young man and I liked reading this post of yours. Blessings for you!