Nov 27, 2016

Finding a Christmas Tree

It's been about 8 years since we went up Ephraim Canyon with my extended family and cut down Christmas trees on Thanksgiving weekend. The kids have always had last-minute Nutcracker rehearsals, but this year our ballet company opted to perform a different ballet in January, so that left our weekend free.


You already know we spent Black Friday tying quilts, but that didn't stop us from getting up at the crack of dawn and heading for Sanpete County. We split our family and Bossy's family into 3 vehicles and Grandpa brought his own truck. We needed the trucks to bring the trees home.


I'll spare you all the drive details, like when Taco threw up in my car, or the deer we spotted near the road, and just get to the fun stuff.

We got up the mountain about 11:00 and it only took us a short time to find the perfect tree. Then we all had hot chocolate and donuts. There were about 40 or so of us in our group.


Some went sledding while others had a turn on my sister's four-wheelers. I had never been on a four-wheeler before, so my nephew offered to take me for a ride. It was super fun! Curly rode with my brother-in-law and he might tell this a little different, but we definitely beat them in our race up the hill...

After saying goodbye to the family, we spent the rest of the day with my sweetie's mom. It was a fun, happy day full of love and family. Just my kind of day.


No comments: