Jul 11, 2015

Zoo Day

It's been a long day.

We started this morning with Sport finishing up his swimming merit badge. He has worked really hard for the last 2 weeks and today was the culmination and final test. While he was there, we were making 9 lunches. Little Sis and I had planned to take our families to the zoo today. Prima Donna is taking an online Conservation Biology class from SLCC and she could use the trip for extra credit. And besides, my kids love seeing the animals.

I was totally surprised when my sweetie said he would take a long lunch break and join us. He has been working so hard this week! It was great to see him for a couple of hours when he wasn't quite as stressed.

After the zoo, we got home and I took a nap. I haven't been sleeping well and it was much-needed. Then Bossy called and asked about my evening plans. The only thing I really had going on was picking Princess up from the airport so suddenly we are making strawberry jam! We got strawberries for 88-cents a cup. I haven't seen them that cheap for a long time.


Six flats (or 48 cups) of strawberries later and we were finished. I can't really take much credit since they were just getting started when I had to run to the airport and they were almost finished when we got back. I am always amazed to see what my little army can accomplish when they all pitch in and help out.



Other events of today included the Dog Walker and his little helpers getting the strings up for the bean structure in the garden. I cut my sweetie's and Curly's hair.

I had tons of cute pics from the zoo. It was hard to choose just a few, forgive me for my indulgence.
I suppose every mom thinks she has the cutest kids.






2 comments:

Denise said...

I love going to the zoo.

LeAnn said...

Well it looks like a great trip to the Zoo. I can't image doing more than just the bottling in one day let alone everything that gets thrown into the mix. The jam looks so good in all those bottles. I used to can years ago and I am thinking about doing it again this year.
I enjoyed the pictures you shared.
Thanks for sharing your fun family life. I am glad your husband could join you all at the Zoo.
Hugs for all~