Jul 14, 2015

Natural History Museum of Utah

Dropping off Scout
Today was a hard day, but a fun one too. It started at the crack of dawn. I had to drop Sport off for scout camp at 6:45 at the church. I know that is normal for some people, but you know how I hate early mornings. I was so groggy then I didn't even think to take a pic of him for you.

After an hour-long nap, I was a little more ready to face the day. We got Scout up and ready to leave for camp. That was harder than just driving over to the church. Princess and her boy drove us up high above Park City to the Girl Scout camp. I was glad to be in the back seat and not behind the wheel. I did remember to take one pic for you although it's not a very good one. I should have had her on the deck so you could see the lake in the background. That camp is so beautiful!

We got back just in time to have lunch and run out the door to the museum. I reserved free tickets for us last week and we were really excited to have enough for Daylen's little brothers and sister to come with us too. When we arrived, we couldn't get a parking place in the upper lot so I dropped them off and figured I would just park in the lower lot and ride the shuttle up. Unfortunately, there weren't any spots there either. I understood better why after I hiked up the hill. There were SO many people there! It was crazy!

But we enjoyed watching the kids discover the museum anyway. Baby Doll didn't remember it very well from last time, so everything seemed pretty new to her. Prima Donna was collecting data for an extra credit assignment so she was off on her own. It was hard to keep all those little ones from running all over.

We stayed until almost closing time and then we raced off so Princess and Daylen, along with Prima Donna could get down to the Scera to see Joseph tonight. They weren't with us on Saturday, but they didn't want to miss the show.

I've almost got everything in order for Crafty, Princess, and Prima Donna to leave for girls' camp on Wednesday morning. I'll be glad when I can breathe for a minute. Maybe tomorrow.







1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Another busy amazing day for you all. I can't imagine getting everyone ready for scout camp and girl's camp. It is kind of nice that they are in the same week. I think I will see if some of my grandchildren when they come want to go to the Naural History Museum of Utah. We haven't taken any of them there yet.
Loved this one! Hope you do get to take a deep breathe soon and just relax.
Blessings and hugs!